Monday, July 10, 2006

Saved

Went on another walk today at the residents abode. I told Jace this time I would like him to try to push a wheelchair on his own. Little Ann Marie (mom alongside her of course) does it I figured Jace could too. Well, he of course had to choose the largest resident there was and I knew that a red flag was going off in my head but I chose to ignore it and let him try. Wrong. We got out the door alright but as soon as we turned the corner and started going down the incline he lost control. I am not kidding you-by the grace of God did she not go down the hill. Her chair just veered left and was ready to go down the big grassy hill! I pictured her flying down the hill and flipping out of her chair (flashbacks of Little House on the Prairie)-thankfully where the grass met the sidewalk was just enough to keep her on the edge! We all couldn't let go of our residents becasue we were behind him on the hill. It's kind of a blur but Janice (all 92 pounds of her) ran down and pryed her back on the path. Praise God she was saved! She already had two broken arms from who knows what so I was glad we didn't further her injuries. The funny thing about it is that this whole time all this severe danger was going on-she was sound asleep. YIKES!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh my gosh!!!! These stories make me want to cry but I am so glad you are going to bless the residents there.

Anonymous said...

HELEN KELLER...