Friday, July 28, 2006

Psalm 90

I listened to this awesome sermon on Psalm 90 last night. The verse that sticks out most to me is vs 12-"So teach us to number our days, that we may present to you a heart of wisdom." It teaches us to evaluate the use of my time in light of this brief life I am going to live. No matter what happens that I would measure EVERYTHING against Gods character. It never changes. Can I live in light of eternity and that because God is sovereign without fear of any circumstance that comes my way? Are my priorites set in this way or do I tend to live like tomorrow is just a repetition of yesterday? Am I prepared for tomorrow and whatever comes with it?
Lord, make me to know my end and what is the extent of my days; let me know how transient I am. (Psalm 39:4)
Let me live THIS way Lord.

No comments: