Friday, May 26, 2006

Swimming away

I love this time of year. The pool is open and the kids aren't bored with it yet. They love each other and they play so well together. This week is proabably the 1st out of the month it's been open that they can feel their legs. Soon they will be drowning each other and bored with it and the lifeguarding will begin. I actually had to go for a swim today for fear of melting in this mugginess. Man, I just can't swim like I used to. Cannonballs don't feel right(it's like a man stunt) and my 8 year old can outswim me! I'm a failure. Last year I was training for that stupid hudson triathalon and swam 1.000 laps to make it seem like anything equivalent to swimming in the st. croix 12 laps across the beach. Now I know what a goldfish feels like in a fishbowl. I'm almost as long as the pool-gosh! We almost died huh Cbass? I think the most I got out of that was green hair from the pool and more fear of giant carp that are in that st. croix mudhole. Yikes! I love summer anyway but I think I would much rather lay by the pool on my raft and fall in every now and then. No more silly training for me, unless of course cbass talks me into it! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're crazy! After trying not to drown in water 5 feet deep with Jaws swimming with us and then get on a bike to almost get run down by cars in the middle of pitch blackness, not to mention maybe getting dragged away by a big grizzler, then just to go up "mount hudson hill" all the while thinking my lungs were going to explode they never worked so hard, I think I'll be not training for any triathalons this year....that's like for uuhhmmmm oh yeah triatheletes!! I'm just thankful we lived!

kristi noser said...

Sara....grizzler?

Hey Reegz-blogger pool party!!!