Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dinner with Gloria

Tonight Janie, Cbass, and our kiddos went over to Glorias for a feast. She wanted to have us for dinner and did she make a lot of food or what? She had about 16 things on the table to eat not to mention 4 different desserts. She had us all dish up and then she just sat and watched us. Levi said, "Gloria, aren't you going to eat?" She said, "no it's just nice to see you guys eating." It was like she was so glad to have someone to cook for. Gosh-do we take things for granted or what ladies? She got so much joy of being able to have us over to cook for and us to eat her meal. Strange too because you know how kids eat, a bite here, a bite there. It was a good time and then we played ouside in her yard and visited. She also had a few vases of lilacs that she had picked for us to take home=I mean HUGE vases! Then, Jace had a baseball game at 7:15 and Gloria, Cbass, and I went to that. She was so glad to be out and about. Thank you Lord for putting her in our lives. When the Lord brings joy to us in the many ways He does- it is just so awesome to be a part of it!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Man, I love Gloria stories! I need to meet her when I come home!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking thank you Lord that You have given Gloria a heart to serve others when she needs the care and love so much too! What a great time it was for me too to hang out, I'm glad we had to leave when we did, what was I on reegz like my 5th cookie, after a rice crispy bar and 14 helpings of other food. I'm glad I don't eat like that all the time YIKES man.

Joey said...

I only wish I could eat like that all the time!