Thursday, May 11, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Today would have been my dad's 60th birthday! He passed away the day my "Liberty" (freedom from sin!) was born Sept 3, 2004. I miss him. I do feel a little envious, I mean him being in glory and all! Praise God! I remember when he was getting closer to dying how I would stand outside his hospital room door and listen to the "chaplain" as she would read him scripture. He would ask her questions and I would be ready to pounce on her if she twisted it at all! She was great-I'm so thankful the Lord brought her to my dad to teach him, gently. I remember when my dad asked us to baptize him in his hospital bed and I asked him why he wanted to do that? I thought he may be still believing that he needed to be baptized to enter heaven (skeptical me). I remember him saying so confidently, " the bible says, believe and be baptized." It was an awesome time . Jace says a lot at night that he thinks about my dad and what he might be doing in heaven and how he wishes he was still here of course. Providence. God's perfect plan. God's grace is truly amazing! Happy birthday Dad -we miss you!

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

OK, this is really strange. Sep 3rd was the day my dad died, which was my oldest sister's birthday!

Reegz said...

That is really freaky Kristi. Wow.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your dad is so in the presence of Jesus beholding His face with out the corruption of sin in him!!! Praise the Lord, for to be with Him is great gain and surely far better.

Dana said...

God is so FAITHFUL!!!