Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My brother

Talked to my brother today via e-mail. He got the dvd and said he watched it and enjoyed it. It was so weird to imagine him sitting there looking at my dad and knowing nery little about him. He was just looking to see any resemblances and thinking he was some rockstar. He doesn't know anything but what I tell him and it's so far from who he really was. Ever try to explain someone to someone else that they never knew and are never going to have the chance to meet? He's a guy on a piece of paper to him and someone totally different to me. It's just really weird if you really think about it. I wonder if I will meet him someday (and not on Oprah) and if there will be any similarities between us? To start, he quotes Jimmy Hendrix at the bottom of his e-mails "When the power of love becomes stronger than the love of power, we will have peace." Great. We already got problems. Oh brother!

4 comments:

Dana said...

I'd have to disagree with Jimmy and instead say, when we all submit to the Lordship of Christ and worship Him, and give God the glory due to His name, then we will have peace!

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTA!!!! AHHH the promise of the new heavens and the new earth....

Joey said...

Ditto Dana. But hey, if he's your bro, ya gotta love him, right? Just might have to bite your lip a little bit...

Reegz said...

Yeah Dana.....