Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Moms day moms!

Hey, I just got back from a great relaxing weekend at the cabin and I wanted to wish everyone a happy moms day. Well, although you won't see this til tomorrow know that you moms are appreciated EVERYDAY! I laugh when I think about having one child. What was that like? I don't remember but I am sure my life revolved around that him. I'm sure I cut grapes into quarters and hotdogs into millions, and never let him play with a balloon by himself for fear of certain death. I was reading in the bgc mag this article written by a mother of three and had to laugh when she said, "the first child got everything boiled, the second got it rinsed off, and the third got it wiped off on my pants." That is SERIOUSLY true! I always make those, "oh, she's the third child we don't worry about that anymore." I was at a friends house recently where they have one child and I was going to wash Liberty's chocolate hands off on the washrag that was in their sink. I went to grab the washcloth and the parent said, "oh, we use the yellow washrag for that." Oops! I was reminded what it was like to be a first time parent. If I was at home I probably would've just brought her out on the deck and squirted the hose at her. :o)

7 comments:

Carla said...

I remember having just Joshua and saying, "This is so hard!" What was I thinking??!! Yes, I read the same article and laughed out loud at the same part. Scary. Poor Timmers...he's worn the same outfit for 3 days now.

Joey said...

Makes me more glad I was first. Also makes me feel bad for by 2 mo. old bro....Does the cat licking it work for the 11th child?

Carla said...

Yep. Nathan call also lick his brother like nothin else!

Carla said...

I mean can not call. Duh

Reegz said...

Yes, I was thinking of your family Joey and wondering what you do by the 11th child? I thought the cat and dog probably watched the kids and helped with the homeschooling while your mom was in the closet having "time alone" right Carla?

Joey said...

LOL. That's...oh mean, I'm still laughing at that one. I love visual images.

Sadly though, my family doesn't have a dog. Got rid of them when I was 8, I cried all day, and it's been a long slow recovery process for me trying to like dogs again. And along the way I was bitten by a wolf dog, which severely hampered the road to recovery. However, I'm now at the point where I can see the possibility of once again having a dog 10 to 20 years from now.

kristi noser said...

When Hannah was little we were at a church softball game. She dropped her Nuk in the dirt and I picked it up, wiped it off on my pants and stuck it back in her mouth. I got a stern talking-to from a lady in the stands. I told her to tell me of any child that hasn't eaten a pound of dirt by the time they are three years old for goodness sake! And she was John's and my first child! Eli, well, I just fed him the dirt. Easier that way.