Monday, May 29, 2006

Shocked by the thought!

I have often been shocked with the thought! I have often been shocked with the thought, that while a man's eulogy is being pronounced upon earth--his poor soul may be writhing and blaspheming in the torments of hell!
"The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him-- Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire!" Luke 16:22-24

This was a gem I received this weekend. No not a fun thought, but fearfully true!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a terrible thing that we are not telling more people of the warnings of hell. (I am guilty too) If we knew how truly beyond comprehension and how utterly terrifying hell was, we would be stopping people on the streets and in the stores and all over, is it that we are so comfortable in our own thoughts of ourselves?...

Anonymous said...

You should have continued the passage message...the rich man in hell was also evangelizing,(Luke 16: 27-30)..begging Abraham to send Lazarus to testify to his family to save them from hell. John Mac's latest 5 part sermon..."A Testimony of One Surprised To Be In Hell"....FEARFUL !

Dana said...

No one wants to hear about hell- I so tired of trying to warn people and they don't want to hear it! God work in hearts because our warnings fall on deaf ears!