Thursday, June 08, 2006

Schedule

I need a schedule. Can anyone relate? When the kids are done with school or out of school it doesn't take long (like a week) before they are bored silly! I've told a friend that I needed to be held accountable to sharing one uninterrupted hour of the day with my kids doing structured things. I know this sounds all "ECFE" like and "organized mommy" like but don't get the idea I'm at all like these types of people. I know an hour seems like no big deal when they are up for 14 but it is when your like me. The first day I tried this with my kids they were like "mom, are you gonna play with us?" I said, "well, yeah?" They were like,"why?" I'm really better at directing and giving orders so they were pretty shocked. It had been really good the first few days but I've pretty much fallen off that wagon and my friend has never asked me once how it was going so I'm blaming her and hoping to start over next week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

can I use that excuse to justify my sin too?...

Reegz said...

You,ve got other great excuses, why do you want to steal mine? And by the way, you're fired.

Anonymous said...

What!!! now I'm totally calling you at 7am, 8am, 9am, 10am...I'm gonna ask you every day.

Reegz said...

Bring it on...you should know by now that I rarely answer my phone.

Anonymous said...

Not to worry dear, when you see Cross TV's Family Worship series, you won't be asking any questions about when(to do them), what (to do), why (you must do it) or how (it should be done) with your kids.....you'll know! P.S. The title "Family Worship" is much more involved than you think it's gonna be! xoxo

Anonymous said...

hey Nancy how are you? long time:) Is that series on How God Converts the human soul done?

Dana said...

I think you schedule an hour to talk on the phone to me too. While we talk I will make sure to ask you about it :)