Friday, June 09, 2006

Monday morning walks

We are going to be taking walks with some of the residents of a nursing home in Hudson starting next Monday. I am excited at the thought of doing something for the kingdom but at the same time a tiny bit nervous. Jace has already been visiting there a couple times with another friend so I am not too worried about him. It's Levi and Liberty I am concerned about. I have decided that I will carry Liberty in a back pouch thing so she doesn't run off causing me to leave a resident alone with Levi. Yikes. I am already picturing the things he will be saying to the residents. The lady that showed us around already confirmed him as being the entertainment. I'm praying he doesn't say anything crazy or go to the bathroom right on the lawn. I will have to share in our first adventure with you next week. Keep us in your prayers. :o)

4 comments:

Joey said...

I'm told I was once the entertainment in the nursing homes. Apparently a St. Paul nursing home threw a big party for me for my first birthday. Actually, I can remember being the entertainment, sort of... My family used to go sing and I'd play guitar for the folks in the nursing homes. It can definitely be interesting. Good luck!

kristi noser said...

I can totally see Levi asking someone, "Just how old ARE you anyway?"

Anonymous said...

oh yeah or "hey why do you have a bag of apple juice coming out of your pants pocket?" we better let him have his own wheel chair or he'll be running off who knows where....

Dana said...

What a great idea, Reegz. ELderly people seem to love kids more than anyone else. Rock on for the Kingdom!