Friday, June 02, 2006

Garage sales

Thanks for the idea Carla. I can't stand it when garage sales are a rip. Woodbury has to be the biggest rip-off garage sales of all time! I can't believe how packed it gets. People sell things for way too much and get offended when you bargain with them. I was at this guys house who had a Wayne Gretsgy lunch box that said 25- on it. Just like that. I held out a quarter to buy it and he about threw me out on his lawn. He's like, "that's 25 dollars!!!!!!" As if I was gonna pay that for a piece of tin that was gonna get left at some park with a moldy sandwich in it! People will fight you for stuff too. It's like the day after Thanksgiving day sale at Best Buy there. Yikes! I tried a having a garage sale last year with some friends. Never again! Way too much work to end up hauling everything away! Cheap too! People don't want baby clothes-they want junk! I'll stick to shopping the sales and of course to Value Junk Mall! :o)

3 comments:

kristi noser said...

I went to the Woodbury sales once. One guy wanted $120 for a rug, new, but good grief, I can get one for less at the corner in front of the Kwik Trip station.
C'mon! It's a garage sale for crying out loud!
I helped a friend with one once and the goal was to clear the place. We sold a clothes rack for 40 cents, because that's all the lady that was eyeing it had left. "Take it" my friend said--gotta love that!

Joey said...

We did one when I was 13 when we moved. We only moved 15 miles, but it was enough to deserve a garage sale. .25 a piece for every item and we had paper bags on Saturday that were $1 a bag.

That's how garage sales were meant to be done.

Reegz said...

Joey,

Too funny you say that. I always say, "I'm gonna have a quarter sale..." Everything will be a quarter-junk and fine treasure! Good plan.