Monday, June 19, 2006

Another walk

Yes! We got to the nursing home and we were just about to pick our resident when I had to stop and put Libs up on my back. In doing this we ended up being last to pick and that meant-sleeper. It's so sad but yet you do what you can to have conversation. Our guy was Louie! Levi went up and introduced himself, "hello Louie, my name is Levi." No response. He looks at me, "mom, he doesn't talk." Oh well, we were off. Levi chatted as much as he could but Louie never responded. I saw Levi stare him down. He had a bum thumb and Levi was quick to notice. It did look pretty bad. Levi lagged behind a bit and have to have a little gag moment. He then said, "mom, I think Louie is sad because his finger hurts." I said he could be right. We also had a little moment where Louie slid forward and almost toppled out of his chair-yikes! When we neared the end Levi spotted this huge cross up on the hill. He shouted out, "yep, that's where Jesus dies on the cross." I said, "yeah, he did die on the cross and that's why he is not on it anymore because he rose again." (Thought I would use that as an opportunity to witness to anyone listening). In the next breath he said, "AND THEN THERE"S HELL.......(at this time we were almost to the end of the walk) we're almost there," he added. Hopefully no one heard him shouting all that out. We made it inside and Louie did give us a smile and a little grunt. We said goodbye and see ya next week!

2 comments:

Dana said...

These walk stories with the elderly brake my heart!!

Anonymous said...

THE GOOD WORD WILL NEVER DEPART from him when He grows up.