Thursday, January 31, 2008

Kid thoughts

Levi is asking now. He said to me yesterday, "Mom, I don't understand why I live? Why am I alive? I just don't get it. I don't understand." I said, "What do you mean?" He said, "The other night I was riding home in the car with dad and I just had this really weird feeling. I just felt really weird about being alive. I thought it was all a dream but it isn't. It's real and I don't know why." I said, "Do you mean how did you get here?" He said, "I just don't get the point of why I'm here and I'm alive."

He also said,"I can speak to God in my mind." I said, "Does he talk back to you?" He said, "I speak to Him in my mind but he speaks back to me through my heart." All the while he was talking he was making great hand gestures that were very deep and intense.

Jace told me about a friend that he has that he has been having a hard time deciding if he should keep or not. He said,"I just keep praying to the Lord. Lord if it is your will we stay friends then let it be. Lord, not my will but yours be done."

He also told me the other day when I asked him to go and get something that he really didn't want to do the job. The part in the Bible where Peter was very tired of casting his net came into his mind and he remembered that the Lord said, "Just cast it one last time." Peter obediently listened. Jace told me he thought the Lord put that in his mind to remind him to obey his parents even when he was too tired.

Praise the Lord for all of this encouragement to a sometimes discouraged momma!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I love to watch your kids grow in the fear and knowledge and love of the Lord!