Friday, November 23, 2007

Job

Jace asked me tonight if we could read the Bible together. This is so awesome to me because it wasn't during school and it wasn't bedtime. He told me he has been very interested in Jobs life. He has been watching "Superbook Series" (thanks Cbass for loaning us those-they have LOVED them!) He said he was just amazed that a man would suffer in the way he did and say things like "Naked I came from my mothers womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away; may the name of the Lord be praised." He explained this to me (TO me!) this is so awesome and encouraging! Not that it was to me, but that he understands! I am so encouraged and praise God for what He is doing in his life. He then compared Jobs life to Pauls and we read some of Pauls sufferings. He (Jace) said he would be whipped a hundred times to "repay" Christ for what he has done for him. We talked about "repaying" and "grace" and he understands. He was saying he wanted to be able to join in the sufferings of Christ. I know this is "talk" from a 9 year old because he can handle a tackle but thats pushing it! It was still so awesome and incredible to study together. We read together, trading off, through chapter 3 of Job. We talked about it and chewed on it. He talked about Paul and Job and how he wanted to be like them. How much he has to learn. How much I have to learn. I am so grateful and amazed at the power of God in a life! All glory to Him!

1 comment:

Dana said...

So encouraging! Praise the Lord for His faithful work!