Friday, October 05, 2007

Sweet homecoming

Imagine....I never told her he was coming home. She woke up at 6:30 on Monday morning and I went in her room and asked if she wanted to come lay with me for a while( I do not do this at all on a regular basis). She said she did and it was pretty dark so I knew she wouldn't be able to see him. When she was lying next to me she must've kicked him becasue she whispered, "is that daddy?" I told her it was, who else would it be? Nevermind. Anyway, she jumped and giggled and screamed, "kiss me!" She kept hugging him and squeezing him while asking, "do you wanna go to the zoo? Were you too far? Can you kiss me?" She talked with him in the dark for at least 10 minutes and then she leaned over to me and whispered, "I can't see his eyes." I got out my booklight and shined it above his head. She laughed and hugged and kissed him. "Did you wanna make sure it was daddy?" She said, "yes." It was one of those memories you'll never forget!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Cute story. Sounds like its time for another zoo date, dad!