Wednesday, March 05, 2008

911

Today was a ski day at Afton Alps for us and another day filled with mischief for Levi. He came up to me as I was hanging out with a couple ladies in the Chalet and told me 911 calls the fire department. I kinda brushed it off........like an IDIOT and went on chatting. A little while later a lady came upstairs and said, "Has anyone had any kids they know messing around with the phones downstairs?" Levi was upstairs at this time but I didn't know where. I did know there were no phones up there so I thought I maybe was safe but had a bad feeling about it. After she left he popped up slyly from under the table and kind of slinked away. A bit later another guy came over by Levi and was talking to him and I immediately investigated. I didn't want to ask him right away with the first lady because I just kind of wanted it to go away and thought I would ask him later to save some embarassment. Anyway, this guy said to me, "Some people identified this young man as the culprit of the 911 calling......blah, blah, blah, naughty, bad, rotten,...yadda-yadda." I sat with him and talked to him about it and said, "Where did you learn about 911?" He said, "Well on the Little Rascals they dial it to call the fire department." I said, "Did you think you needed to call the fire department? Did you see a fire?" He said, "No. But When I called they kept telling me it was the police." I asked him how many times he called and he told me only 5. I got really close to him and said, "Never call 911 again." He said with giant eyes, "Well, what if there IS a fire?" I said, "You may only ever call 911 if something is going up in flames. Understood?" He nodded and felt shame.

No comments: