Thursday, August 24, 2006

Opening day!

Went to the fair today. It felt like an early day in March-brr! Not too cold to eat though of course. Man there are some strange ones out there hey? We saw Tonic Sol Fa-they are excellent and I would recommend them if you ever hear they're coming your way. They sing accapella and they are funny too! I seen this sweet t-shirt on a guy it said, MARRIED-GAME OVER! I want one. I noticed a lot of youth wearing death metal t-shirts and things like hellbound, my attitude sucks, Be glad I got outta bed today, wasted youth,....some real uplifting stuff you know. I think the crowd had more tats and piercings than the carnies-it gets more bizarre each year. I still like to go though- I have a lot of great family memories there. My dad used to take us every year and we would do it all-come on mom, you remember right? My sister and I are carrying on the tradition of seeing a band in the bandshell, eating lots of greasy food, and at least walking in some of those buildings no one usually goes in unless it rains-and rain it did! We always used to go to the freak shows too but they don't need them anymore. Why pay for them when they surround the place. We also visited the birthing barn and saw a sheep born-pretty sweet. I had to get Levi out before he puked right in the stall but that was alright. It's pretty much the most crowded place in the fair anyway. The greatest part of the day was just as we were leaving and the last downpour happened. We stepped outside of the grandstand and there was a beautiful rainbow! It was an awesome sight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That rainbow was sweet, I couldn't stop thinking of the promises of Christ
Did you get to hear cecelia?

Reegz said...

Heck yes-twice!

Joey said...

I have yet to frequent the state fair. But then, I haven't been to ValleyFair either. Guess someone out there has to bear the title of "loser" :)