Thursday, January 27, 2011

Easy Bake Crumbles

Libs and I finally got to use her easy bake oven the other day. What an experience that was! Ok, the oven works great but the ingredients make a bite size cake. It smelled like yellow cake in the kitchen (with a bit of a hot light bulbish smell) but the picture on the box (a delicious double decker Duncan Hines gourmet number) was nothing like our crumb cake that came out of it. First you stir up this teaspoon full of ingredients and SCRAPE-there's no pouring this "batter" into a petri dish. See pics below. Then you push it into the light bulb chamber, which by the way mom had to buy at a hardware store in Danbury because our government doesn't allow us such things anymore. Although, to bake with a lightbulb? Is that normal? It baked for about 15 minutes before I pushed it through to the cooling chamber which it got stuck sideways in and I ended up shaking, pushing, prodding, clamping, laying hands on, etc to rescue our cake for 1. One bite that is. Libs looked at it and said, "I don't want frosting," popped it in her mouth and left the whole baking experience before I could even click a picture! She did have fun with it and wants to bake some more tic tac sized cakes and cookies. Mom found a website that actually bakes human size portions instead of portions for rats. I think we'll try some of those. She wants to make the cookies next. Can't wait to see those.....She did say with utter excitement, "I can't believe I have my own oven!"


2 comments:

Dana said...

I gotta see this thing in action! Think I need some cookies...

Carla said...

Don't believe the hype.